Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Since today is Valentine's Day, I thought I'd put up some old fashioned valentines.  Also, (completely coincidental, I assure you) I happen to be in the middle of Juliet by Anne Fortier, which I picked up because it was about the famous tragedy of Romeo and Juliet which was made immortal by William Shakespeare, and had a scrumptious cover.  It's exciting, interesting and well written, but bodes a little too much 'romance' shall we call it, in further unread pages.  If it turns out well, I'll do a book review.  (Edit: Unfortunately, it did not turn out well.  It just kept going downhill.  There were so many things she could have left out.  On the upside, it was exciting, interesting, and mysterious, and I'm glad I read it for background on Romeo and Juliet, but I would not recommend it.)  Here's the cover:

And here are the vintage valentines.
 
 
 So, without further ado:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...