Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Favourite Books - The Letter R

Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon Hale and illustrated by Nathan Hale - A funny twist on the original fairytale of Rapunzel, this was a very enjoyable read.  It is the first graphic novel I have ever truly liked.

The Railway Children by E. Nesbit - The moving story of  a family whose father was taken away from them and their struggles as they wait for his return.  This was a book that I read as a child, but did not fully appreciate until I had grown older.  Now it is unforgettable to me.

The Redwall Series by Brian Jacques - Some people called Brian Jacques an author, he called himself a jack of all trades, but I call him a genius.  I cannot tell you how many hours I spent in the wonderful world he created for us, making friends with all the dear Redwall creatures.  I just learned of his passing and was very saddened by the news.  Memory eternal, Mr. Jacques.  I hope you know how many worlds you brightened through your stories.

The Road to Yesterday by L. M. Montgomery - Another collection of short stories from my favourite author.  I remember these as being sadder than most of her others, but I still enjoyed them.

Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare - This one speaks for itself.

A Room With a View by E. M. Forster - I watched the movie before I read the book, and I'm glad to say, it didn't ruin it for me.  I found it entertaining, but my mum doesn't like it.  I don't know the reason for my liking it or my mum's for not!  We just do.

Roverandom by J. R. R. Tolkien - Not one of his more well known titles, I read the tale of Roverandom as a child and loved it.  It is still one of my favourites of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...