Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Favourite Books - The Letter W

It appears this is the last in this list for a while, as I cannot find any favourite books beginning with X, Y or Z.  So here is the final (for now) list.

Wait For Me: Rediscovering the Joy of Purity in Romance by Rebecca St. James - A beautiful book about the treasure of purity.  Rebecca St. James is a true role model and her book does not disappoint.

Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier - A retelling of The Twelve Dancing Princesses. I really enjoyed this, but just as a warning; if you are against reading about vampires, be informed that there are some in here.  They aren't main characters, per se, but they do play a largeish role.

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Graham - A childhood classic.  Little Mole just captured my heart, and Toad's antics kept me in stitches!

The Winged Watchman by Hilda Van Stockum - Set in Holland during the second world war, this is the story of a family struggling under the Nazi oppression.  A heartwarming tale or excitement and friendship/family.

Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell - If you have seen the wonderful movie version of this, done in 1999, and liked it, you should read the book.  It just shows how well the movie was done.  One of the rare instances where the movie and book are at the same level of wonderfulness.

A Woman Named Damaris by Janette Oke - Part of the Women of the West series, I believe this is my favourite so far.  It's about a girl who runs away from an abusive, drunken father and makes a life of her own.  Very touching.

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - I still take pride in the fact that I share a first name with the author of this book.  I love how she took all the sad ends left from the lives of Heathcliff and Cathy and wove them together to make something good at the closing of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...