Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day (Belated)

I know this is a day late, but I wanted to wish you all a Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I spent yesterday evening at a wonderful party with many other wonderful university students.  We ate well, talked a lot, and danced to Irish music.  I'll put some of the music down below if you want to hear it.
I feel very happy to have some Irish in me (even if it is apparently a very small amount).  I can feel the Irish in me come out on St. Patrick's day.
I love to think of St. Patrick and all the good he did in Ireland.  I'm so glad he has his own feast day.  To me, St. Patrick's Day is not a day to get dressed up in silly hats, but a day to think of St. Patrick and thank him.
During the festivities yesterday night, I was touched that the ladies who had planned the party had also planned for us to pray for Japan before we left.  So we petitioned Jesus and St. Patrick to watch over the suffering and bring them solace and comfort.  All in all, it was the best St. Patrick's day I have ever had.
And wi' that, lads and lassies, Ah'll bid ye good day!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...