Thursday, March 10, 2011

Free Kindle For Your Computer!

I just discovered that you can download a Kindle application onto your computer free through Amazon!  *Jaw drops in delighted shock*  So, as you can imagine, I have been frantically going through all the free Kindle books and putting them on my new 'Kindle'.  I was so excited when I discover Northanger Abbey was free as well!  My favourite Jane Austen!  And it has a beautiful cover.  I also was ecstatic to find Ivanhoe, another one of my 'I have to have this or I will die' books.  Okay, maybe not that drastic, but close!  I've also been getting a lot of books that are on my to-read list, as well as some that I hadn't had on that list, but are now!  For example; The Rose and the Ring by William Makepeace Thackeray and My Lady Ludlow by Elizabeth Gaskell.

So for those of you who are interested, here is the download page: Free Kindle For PC and Free Kindle For Mac

Enjoy!  Here are some of the free kindle e-books I've found:
  • She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell
  • Utopia by Sir Thomas More
  • The Hand of Ethelberta by Thomas Hardy
  • Adam Bede by George Eliot
  • Villette by Charlotte Bronte
  • The Happy Prince and Other Tales by Oscar Wilde
  • English Fairy Tales
  • The Abbot by Sir Walter Scott
  • Lorna Doone; A Romance of Exmoor by R. D. Blackmoore
And my aforementioned books:
  • Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
  • The Rose and the Ring by William Makepeace Thackeray
  • My Lady Ludlow by Elizabeth Gaskell
You can also find the free ones by going to this link: Kindle E-Books Listed From Low Prices to High

If/when I eventually get a Kindle, I will already have an extensive collection!  I haven't read most of these, but they all look wonderful.   Happy adventures reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this, one of my friends have a Kindle, this is so awesome that you can get it for your computer!

    Blessings,
    Meggie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...