Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Favourite Books - The Letter F


Fairest by Gail Carson Levine - I've always loved stories about inner beauty and this one was very touching. Bravo, Mrs. Levine!

Fairy Gold: A Book of Classic English Fairy Tales chosen by Ernest Rhys and illustrated by Herbert Cole - My wonderful grandparents gave me this book one Christmas and it was as if they had really given me fairy gold. I cannot tell you how beautiful this book is in words. It has poems, well-known tales and exotic ones, and vivid illustrations. An instant favourite.

Five Children and It by E. Nesbit - Such a special book! The adventures of the five children who chance upon an ancient sand fairy and somehow manage to wheedle him into granting them a wish every day. Their many mishaps only go to show you how perfect life is without everything you think you want.

Five Little Pepper books by Margaret Sidney - If you like Frances Hodgson Burnett or E. Nesbit, you will love these. The little family is absolutely charming, and reading them as I grow older only makes me appreciated them more.

The Flower Fairy books by Cicely Mary Barker - What Beatrix Potter did for animals, Cicely Mary Barker has done for fairies. Any fairy lover will adore these books and recognize them for the treasures they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...