Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Favourite Books - The Letter M


Mara Daughter of the Nile by Eloise McGraw - Everyone should read this when they learn about Ancient Egypt. It is for young adults, though. I read it during school; my mum assigned it to my reading list. It was then that I fell in love with it. I always wanted a copy, and I only just a few weeks ago finally found myself one. It is the best story set in Ancient Egypt that I have ever read!

Magic for Marigold by L. M. Montgomery - Not my favourite of hers, but definitely worth the read. I discovered it through my beloved library and then chanced upon a copy in the antiques mall in my village which I promptly bought (of course :)).

My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell - This book is guaranteed to make you at least chuckle if not spend a while laughing with tears running down your cheeks. I absolutely LOVE this book. It was written by a naturalist about his experiences in Corfu during his boyhood. You'll meet his family; his dear mother, his bossy book-writing brother Larry, his gun fanatic brother Leslie and his flighty sister Margo, not to mention their loyal Spiro and many other friends. Everyone is a real character.

Mary Poppins by P. L. Travers - Very adorable children's book. And I fully agree with the idea that babies can understand animals for a while before they can speak to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...