Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Favourite Books - The Letter E

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine - If you have seen the movie and not read the book, please! read the book. They massacred it, in my opinion. The book is so much better! Do be warned, I was unhappy with the relationship between Ella and her father; she hates him, and he's a scoundrel and only cares about what he can get out of her. Other than that, it's a charming perspective on the classic Cinderella story.

Elsie Dinsmore by Martha Finley - I first read this when I was about 13, and it was a bit slow. But Elsie is such a sweet little girl, I always want to be a better person after I read this.

Emma by Jane Austen - Absolutely chock full of humour and so well written! What else can one say?

Emily Series by L. M. Montgomery - Well, they are by L. M. Montgomery, my favourite author of all time; so obviously I love them! I am still undecided as to whether I like the Anne series better...I think I lean more on the Emily side because I think I am more like her. But you can read it and decide for yourself.

The Enchanted Castle by E. Nesbit - I love her books! This one was so adorable. I got many happy adventures out of it.

Eragon by Christopher Paolini - Hmm... I have to say that I did like this book, but you can tell what he read that influenced him. Definitely J. R. R. Tolkien. Very impressive for a new author, though. However, the other books I find a bit stretched out and am starting to lose interest.

Ever by Gail Carson Levine - I was contemplating not putting this one in, because I know it's not one of her best and I object to the level of mushiness in the romance department and also to the portrayal of the deities. If you're a Christian, you'll see what I mean. Other than that, I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...