Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Favourite Books - The Letter A

I've been working on a list of three hundred and sixty-five of my favourite quotes (one for every day of the year), which I will be finished very soon, and I thought it would be fun (while I'm doing lists) if I put some of my favourite books on here in alphabetical order. I just received some beautiful books from some very special people for my graduation, all of them favourites: they will definitely be on my list. So I'm going to start with the letter A, of course, and I'll list them by the title, not the author. I won't be able to list all my favourites, unfortunately, because of the vast numbers of favourites I have. It's a bit daunting to do even this, but it'll be fun. So I hope you discover something new on here that you haven't read yet...I hope you meet some new book friends. By the way, if you notice that one of your favourites is not listed, please comment! I would love to hear about your favourites too.

My Favourite Books - The Letter A

The Adventure Series by Enid Blyton - Not only are these wonderful books, I grew up on them and have many fond memories which fly out eagerly whenever I open their pages. My lovely mum used to read them aloud to us after lunch...I will never forget those days.

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain - The hilarious sequel to Tom Sawyer...what better recommendation?

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain - I couldn't put this one down after I read the first chapter; I found it extremely amusing. Tom Sawyer is one boy who will not disappoint if you want him to make you laugh!

Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll - I couldn't read this until I was older; when I was younger, I found it a little too strange and confusing. I don't think children will get what adults will out of it.

Anne of Green Gables Series by L. M. Montgomery - What can I say! When I read L. M. Montgomery, I am carried away to another world full of kindred spirits...and I also feel like giving up writing in the hopeless knowledge that I could never write anything even near as well as she did.

Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne - I believe this is the only book of his that I liked. I have only read three, however, so maybe I am no judge. It was exciting and very interesting.

At the Back of the North Wind by George MacDonald - A very sweet story; I have read it countless times and own a beautiful edition illustrated by Jessie Wilcox Smith that was given to me by my dear little sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...