Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Favourite Books - The Letter D


Daniel Deronda by George Elliot - This is a highly recommended book, even if you can only read it once; it is dauntingly large. The characters are so interesting and it really makes you think about why people make the choices they do. I think it should be on every must read list.

David Copperfield by Charles Dickens - Wonderful! If I had to sum it up in one word, that would be the word I would use. I believe it is his best work. I don't like most of his others because they are too dark, but this book actually has a happy ending! And Mr. Micawber is sensational; definitely in my top list of favourite characters of all time.

Detectives in Togas by Henry Winterfield - My mum found this for us when we were learning about Rome. It was exciting and extremely interesting, not to mention engaging! I am going to read it to my children if I ever have any.

Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke - I don't know if you've read her Inkheart series that has recently been so popular (that's how I discovered her) but this book is so adorable and fun. I really enjoyed it. It's for children, but that doesn't mean it's limited to children audiences. At least, I don't think it is.

The Dragon Series by Donita K. Paul - If you have been searching for more Christian fantasy with dragons and wizards, your search is over...until, of course, you finish the series. I was delighted when I found these books. They are full of adventure, humour and excitement. If you are a C. S. Lewis fan or a J. R. R. Tolkien fan, this is probably right up your alley.

Rather a poor showing for the letter D...I was sure there were more. Well, if I stumble across some extras that I had missed, I will most definitely add them to the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...