Friday, December 31, 2010

What I'm Up To

  Well, I've been quite busy over the break, trying to make headway in my list.  So far I have gotten together with most of my friends, almost finished my sweater (one and a half sleeves to go!), read a few books, and done a lot of Christmas baking.  This is my latest baking production; Peppermint Pinwheels.  It's so good to bake again!  I like it once in a while, baking goodies.  I prefer baking to cooking for some reason.  Maybe it's because I have a sweet tooth or something.

  Then, my siblings and I  have been playing our Settlers game with the new expansion our aunt and uncle gave us for Christmas: Cities and Knights.  It's so much fun!  We've played it three days in a row, and won in order of age.  Well, almost.  My older brother didn't play the first time.  So it started with me and ended with him, as if we went around in a circle.  Highly recommended game!

  I can't believe Christmas is over!  Thank goodness the break isn't and I still have over a week left.  For some odd reason, I have been having dreams about being in university.  This is supposed to be a break!  Can't I have my nice dreams back?
  Anyway, this Christmas was lovely.  I got some really nice things, including some books which I now have to find space for.  (My shelves are so crammed I am beginning to realize it may be time to stop buying more.  A very sad realization, but I think I should probably start reading some of those books I own that I always mean to read, but never get around to reading.)
  The new year is creeping up, and I still haven't decided whether to make a resolution list or not.  I find that when I do, I never manage to keep up with any of my resolutions, so I just get depressed.  I've started a habit of just resolving to do better in everything and then see how that goes, and the vagueness of the resolve saves me from the depths of despair when I fail to meet the mark.  Perhaps I shoot too high...
  I have a few resolves for my writing life, though.  Hehe.  I'll save them for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...