Monday, December 13, 2010

My Christmas Break List and Musings

So it is nearing Christmas and I feel as if I have raced through my first semester at university. I have learnt so many new things and had to adapt to a new way of life, which (although it is sometimes stressful) I think suites me quite well at present. I have two more exams to go and then I am free! I'm sure I won't know what to do with myself at first, so I made a list of things that I wanted to do during the semester, but didn't have time to. Here it is, in no particular order:

- Read A Tale of Two Cities (with my friend Vesna)

- Sketch (I need to hone my artistic abilities, they have suffered poorly)

- Bake for Christmas (I haven't decided whether or not I should make nanaimo bars...but I am definitely leaning towards them; they're my favourite!)

- Get together with friends (I've missed them all so much!)

- Write my books (I'll probably do this first; I need to write or I'll go crazy)

- Go for walks (apparently I'll have to ditch this idea; there's a dangerous coyote lurking around our area, and he isn't afraid of anybody. Bother him! I need my solitary, thoughtful walks in nature.)

- Learn Liszt's Liebestraum No. 3 on the piano (Listen to this on Youtube; it's beautiful. He based it on a poem.)

- Finish the Narnia series (I am on The Horse and His Boy, but I jumped ahead and listened to The Voyage of the Dawn Treader because I want it fresh in my mind before I watch it tomorrow.)

- Read The Fever and the Flame again

- Read another of my antique books (I have a small collection on my desk shelf, but I haven't been able to read all of them yet, so this is my chance!)

- Finish Titania sweater

So there is my list. I can't wait to start!
This Christmas service will be the first in our new location. We used to be in a barn, but now we are in a little heritage church. It looks like a storybook church, and I like it, but it is different.  It'll still take me some time to get used to it.  I dislike change that takes away people/things but I like change that brings new people/things...it's complicated.
I always have to spend longer than other people getting used to new things or new people. I take forever to make good friends, because I don't open up very easily. Even then, sometimes I clam up like an oyster. It frustrates me sometimes.
So I vent my pent up feelings in my journal...well, most of them. I think that's another reason I write. I'm more quiet than most people, so I have to find other ways of expressing myself. So I make music, draw and write.
Not everyone can be outgoing (I still don't see why people view extrovert as good and introvert as bad), although I am to a point. People see me as an extrovert because I don't hide in a corner; I ask them questions to get them talking because I care about what they have to say. But this doesn't make me an extrovert. It's hard to explain. I don't even understand it. Anyway, I'll finish my senseless rant of pent up musings.
I hope it snows! Christmas is always so magical, but especially when there is snow and my grandparents light their fireplace. May all of you have a beautiful, warm Christmas filled with laughter and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...