Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Sky

 
  This is the sky behind my house.  Sometimes it is so beautiful, I just have to stop and take a picture.  And no matter how fabulous the picture turns out, in person, it is always more breathtaking. 
  It's at times like these when I stop to wonder how people cannot believe in God.  There is such beauty and purpose everywhere, even in the smallest things.  Take for instance a spider's web, or a bees' hive, which are not much in size, but beyond comprehension in complexity and design.  How can this all together in its wonderfulness, be an accident?

And God is very much like this;
Invisible as air;
I cannot touch or see Him, yet I know that he is there
Because I glimpse His wondrous works
And goodness everywhere.
- God is Like This by Rowena Bennet
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. - C. S. Lewis
God has, in fact, written two books, not just one. Of course, we are all familiar with the first book he wrote, namely Scripture. But he has written a second book called creation. - Sir Francis Bacon
In nature we see where God has been.  In our fellow man, we see where He is still at work. - Robert Brault
God is the perfect poet. - Robert Browning
The world is God’s language to us. - Simone Weil

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...