Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday of Bow Ties

 My husband and I are moving across the country, as I mentioned in my last post, and today was our second to last Sunday at our church.  Our priest will be gone next Sunday, so, unbeknownst to us, the parish organized a going away party for us.  As I was standing in our choir singing, I started to notice the overwhelming amount of men wearing bow-ties (my husband is a connoisseur of them).  At first I passed it off as coincidence, but as more people arrived wearing them, I realized something was going on.

After our church service ended, our priest announced that in honour of our leaving, the Bow-Tie Brethren would have a photo taken on the steps outside.  Even my little cousin wore a blue bow-tie with boats on it (it became increasingly damp as he sucked on it, but oh, how adorable he looked).

This was not the end of the surprises, however.  My dearest mum and dad had a cake made for us that said "All our love and prayers, Emily and Michael.".  It was so sweet and I cannot express how loved we felt today.

I was given a whole set of bamboo knitting needles and a cute polka-dot case for them, and I had to stop myself from squealing with delight.  I have been wishing for a set of my own for a long while now.  It was a very meaningful gift and one that I will treasure my whole life.

Every possible size imaginable, and aren't the polka dots delightful?!
I am now sitting at home and feeling absolutely and completely blessed.  There are so many wonderful people in my life that love me and they all showed it today.

Even as I say goodbye (for now) to them, I know that I will always have them with me, wherever I go, in my heart.  They will be with me wherever my adventures carry me, and I will always be with them.

I am looking forward to a hamburger barbecue with my family tonight, and while I wait, I'm going to colour in my Disney Princess book (yes, I know I said it was specifically for the trip, but I can't resist, and it's not like I'm going to run out of pages!) and watch Castle.
Perfection in a picture.
What a wonderful, wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...