Sunday, April 24, 2011

Christ is Risen!

 After a long, sorrowful week full of eloquent services that moved me to tears on a few occasions, Pascha (Easter) has come!  Our liturgy began last night at 10:30 and was unbelievably beautiful and joyous, as always.  White flowers and green ivy decorated our iconostasis; our dear Matushka was the artist who set it all up (with some assistance from select members :) ).  And now, having slept in since I didn't fall asleep until 3 something last night, ...er..this morning... I am looking forward to a celebratory barbeque at our priest's house.  After our feast and games and mingling, we have a lovely short vespers, called Agape Vespers, or the Vespers of Love.  It is such a sweet finish to a wonderful day.

Then I have some news about Monday!  I have a job!  You know how I'd been putting that in my Damsel's Daybook entries as my wish all the time...well, I don't have to any more.  I am happily employed at a clothing store with an amazing manager.  I start on Monday at 9:00 in the morning.  I am so excited about it!

May God bless you on this happy day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter! So happy you've found a job. :)
    ~ Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...