Friday, July 8, 2011

What I've Been Up To - And What I've Found



The past three days, my family and I have been away on a holiday - not too far away, but not too close.  We stayed by a lake with beautiful scenery.  I am so blessed to live where I do!  This trip has only shown me more of the wild, magical beauty of my homeland.
We stopped at a used bookstore on the way to our destination, and I picked up quite a few books!  Eleven, to be precise.  I was a little unsure as to whether I would be able to find room for them all, but I did.  Well, most of them.  (This is going to be mostly a list...feel free to skip if you wish.)  I found three books of Sir Walter Scott's; The Fair Maid of Perth, The Pirate, and his poetry.  I also stumbled across a lovely little version of Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe, and a book by H. G. Wells about the same size with a captivating title - Tales of Wonder.  A collection of Wordsworth was added to my pile, as well as paperback copies of The Sword and the Stone by T. H. White, The Princess Bride by William Goldman and Bednob and Broomstick by Mary Norton.  Then I found Freckles by Gene Stratton Porter, which I have wanted to read for quite a while.  So I got that too.  I think that's all of them.  No, wait!  I also found a wonderful copy of Peter Pan.  Now I have three - two hardcover and one paperback.  I'm a very contented bookworm at the moment.





As to things that are not books, I bought two sets of three CDs, one of Celtic music, the other of Irish, and I got a purse with Audrey Hepburn on it, which is very cute and a convenient size.

But as to our trip, I had such a lovely time!  The first day, we arrived in the afternoon, so we read a bit and then went for a walk.  The second day, my siblings, my father and myself all trooped off the the waterslides.  It was mosquito infested, but I only got bitten on my forehead, so I came out pleasantly surprised (the pesky things always seem to want me first, I don't know why!).  Our favourite was one slide where you sat on tubes and got rushed into different sets of pools.  It was so much fun!  I kept getting caught in eddies and wasn't able to get to the bottom for quite a while, but it was a blast.  The next morning, we left, and now we're home. It was a lovely holiday. I love spending time with my family and the setting was unbelievable.  I'll put up a post later so you can see what I mean.
I am so happy to be Canadian!

3 comments:

  1. You found all tose books!!!!!! Envious bookworm here. I hate mosquitos. Disgusting creatures.
    ~
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand them either! So revolting. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your blog,nice to find another bookworm!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...