Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fairytales...

I was just thinking about fairytales and wondering what life would be like without them. Can you imagine a place without that ever present background magic that comes from growing up reading fairytales? I grew up surrounded by books crammed full of them; they were alive to me. If I opened one up, I could almost see the fairies dancing through the pages as I read my way through the adventures and romances. People say that believing in fairies is only for children, but I don't think so...it really depends on how you define 'fairies.' To me fairies could be angels leaving little miracles where I need them most. So yes, I do believe in fairies. Fairytales are full of lessons to be learnt; for example Beauty and the Beast (my personal favourite) is about learning to love someone for who they are instead of how they look. I will never outgrow fairytales, and one of my favourite daydreams is imagining telling them to my own children someday. Wouldn't that be beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...