Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Favourite Books - The Letter P

Thank you, Elise (from Ribbons of Light) for getting me back on track!  It's been a while.
I know, I know, I skipped the letter O.  I honestly couldn't find any!  I'm sure one will come along someday, but for now, I have no favourite books that begin with the letter O.  So now, I'm onto the letter P, which has always been one of my special letters (it stands for so many nice things!  Princess, Pretty, Perfect...you get the idea).

Pat of Silver Bush by L. M. Montgomery - Someone told me once I was like Pat when I was raving about how I would never leave home unless I married.  And when I realized it was an L. M. Montgomery book I hadn't read, well, I read it!  It is now one of my all time favourites.  It's also very quotable!

Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie - This has got to be my favourite children's book of all time.  I remember asking my gran to read it to us when we were little (she always wanted to read Alice in Wonderland, which I found to strange it scared me).  I loved the idea of never growing up, the adventure, the pirates, the Indians, the fairies, Tinkerbell, and Peter Pan (of course!).  Recommended to everyone, everywhere!

Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lingren - Such a laugh of a read!  I used to check this out of the library all the time.  Guaranteed to make you chuckle, guffaw, you name it!

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - What can I say about this that hasn't already been said?!  Please, do yourself a favour (if you haven't already) and read this  timeless classic.

Princess Academy by Shannon Hale - I read this just last year and had to get my own copy.  It's an exciting princess story that will leave you feeling warm when you close the cover.

The Princess Bride by William Goldman - Why is it that most of my favourites are books that make me laugh?  This book has a little bit of everything for everyone: adventure, mystery, romance, sword fights, revenge, friendship and greed.

The Princess and Curdie by George MacDonald - The last time I read this was many years ago, and I am long overdue for a re-read.  It's a sweet story about the friendship between a little princess and a young peasant boy.  It is the sequel to the next book on this list.

The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - This is the story of a little princess who is kidnapped by goblins.  Her friend, Curdie, has to save her.  It is a very sweet tale, full of wisdom from C. S. Lewis' favourite author.

The Princess Tales by Gail Carson Levine - These are all very original twists on well known fairy tales.  They made me smile.

Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George - I must confess; I bought this book for its cover!  Although I had read one of her other books before, so I knew it was going to be good.  It was well written, sweet, and overall a really good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...